Thursday, March 28, 2013, the Rancho Santa Fe Democratic Club will host Azim Khamisa as their featured guest speaker at the Lomas Santa Fe Country Club, located at 1505 Lomas Santa Fe Drive, Solana Beach, CA, 6:30 – 8:30 PM.
Committing his life to halting the continuing cycle of violence among youth, Azim became a social activist after his 20 year old son, Tariq, was murdered in 1995 by a 14 year old while delivering pizza’s.
Two weeks ago, I was lucky to watch Bono give an electrifying talk on how we can virtually eliminate extreme poverty by 2030. Now I’m excited to share this talk with you. Visit ONE.org and watch it now:
Extreme poverty has been cut in half in the last 20 years, and the facts show that we can get it to virtually zero within a generation — but only if we act.
Once people know the facts — about the opportunity and the jeopardy — they can take action. So watch this video and join Bono in becoming a “factivist”. Then like ONE on Facebook to help spread the word:
Check out this Voice of San Diego article and video that describes San Diego City’s new Open Government Proposal that will change how the Pacific Beach Community Planning Group operates. The proposed changes will make our PB Community Planning Group more transparent and increase the effectiveness of the decision making process.
The Pacific Beach Democratic Club, working with the San Diego Coastal Coalition of Democratic Clubs helped elect Bob Filner Mayor of San Diego. Now, we need to strengthen is position and help him restructure City politics and bring about more progressive reforms. We can do this by electing another progressive Democrat to the City Council
Myrtle Cole is a candidate for City Council District 4, and she is a Democrat and endorsed by the San Diego County Democratic Party. Myrtle needs our help.
To subscribe to this free eZine email [email protected] with “subscribe” as the subject.
FYI…….. IN THIS ISSUE:
1. Mark Fiore animation: All in the Scalia
2. The DAILY GRILL
3. The Ryan budget, in one chart
4. The Scariest Climate Change Graph Just Got Scarier
5. From MEDIA MATTERS
6. Ann Telnaes Animation: Jeb Bush thinks history will be kind to his brother
7. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart: Burner & Pooch
8. Late Night Jokes for Dems
9. “Limerick Ode To Roger Ailes,” by Madeleine Begun Kane
10. Companies Offshore Cash Hoard Expands by $183 Billion at
11. Andy Borowitz: Ryan Budget Plan Gets Endorsement from Ayn Rand
1. Heidi Moore : Paul Ryan’s Republican budget: this is just leftovers warmed up twice over
2. Ezra Klein: Paul Ryan’s budget: Social engineering with a side of deficit reduction
3. PAUL KRUGMAN: Dwindling Deficit Disorder
4. Greg Sargent: Would Paul Ryan budget raise middle class taxes?
5. THOMAS B. EDSALL: The War On Entitlements
6. Alan I. Abramowitz: Why Section 5 Is Still Needed: Racial Polarization and the Voting Rights Act in the 21st Century
7. David Frum: Why You Shouldn’t #StandWithRand
8. GAIL COLLINS: Senators Bearing Arms
9. Lloyd Green: GOP Meltdown: Paul Ryan Doubles Down On His Losing Southern Strategy
10. Sadhbh Walshe: How long will voters let Republicans put the rich before everyone else?
11. Tim Dickinson: The GOP’s Real Agenda
12. Fred Kaplan: The Coming Collapse of the Middle East?
by Margaret McCown-Liles Mayor Sam Abed is moonlighting. His “salary is only $50,000, and that’s not enough…” He’s entered a partnership with a consulting firm that “specializes in how to describe a project to elected officials and the media.”  I should be pleased to have what I have long suspected to be validated, but I’m […]