Democratic Woman’s Club of San Diego County
Monday, October 21, 2019, Monthly Meeting, Elijah’s Restaurant
Welcome members, guests, elected officials, and candidates.
- Cathie Hyatt, Secretary, opened the meeting at 6:30PM
- Approval of Agenda (Motion: Laurie Black)
- Welcome members, guests, elected officials, and candidates
Representatives of Elected Officials:
- Doug Case representing Toni Atkins, California Senate District 39
Meeting turned over to Endorsement Committee
San Diego Community College Board District D (Friendly Incumbent): – Mary Graham
- Endorsed by acclamation (M: Ruth Rollins). Unanimous.
San Diego City Council District 7 – Raul Campillo, Wendy Wheatcroft (represented by Brandon Weber)
San Diego City Council District 1 – Aaron Brennan (represented by Janessa Goldbeck), Joe LaCava, Will Moore, Harid Puentes, Louis Rodolico, James Rudolph
- Joe LaCava and Harid Puentes rated acceptable
November Endorsement Calendar: Attempt to endorse in the following races (M: Patty Peterson):
- San Diego City Council D3 – Toni Duran, Adrian Kwiatkowski, Chris Olsen, Stephen Whitburn
- San Diego City Council D5 – Marni Von Wilpert, Isaac Wang, Gary Westerburg
- Chula Vista City Council D4 – Andrea Cardenas, Delfina Gonzalez, Rudy Ramirez
Unanimous approval of November endorsement calendar
External Vice President, Ramla Sahid – Surveillance lights update.
Treasurer, Rosamond Blevins – Balance of account. Rosamond entertains motion to donate $500 to Women Empowered International. (M: Ramla Sahid). Passes unanimously.
Secretary, Cathie Hyatt – Little free library and next book club selection: We Live for the We, Dani McClain
Social Committee Chair, Kate Bishop – DWC – Moxie Night Handbagged, Friday, November 8, 8:00PM
- Women Empowered International explained by 2019 honoree Anne Hoiberg.
- Thank you to Susan and Rosamond for the voting sticks!
- Kate Bishop: South Bay Progressive Dem Club Panel on Earl McNeil, October 28, 7:00PM
- Beatrice Cubitt: Fundraiser for Marni Von Wilpert, November 9, 2:00PM
- Kendra Taylor – Candidate for SD County Board of Supervisors Dist. 2
- Roberta Winston – Candidate for Superior Court Judge 18
- Tim Nadar – Candidate for Superior Court Judge 30
- Delfina Gonzalez – Candidate for Chula Vista City Council Dist. 4
- Dr. LaWana Richmond – Candidate for SD Unified School Board Dist. E
- Cindy Lopez – Candidate for SD Unified School Board Dist. E
- Lauren Beir – Candidate for Central Committee Dist. 77
- Brenda Arnold – Candidate for Central Committee Dist. 80
- Kevin Alston – Candidate for SD City Council Dist. 9
- Kate Bishop – Candidate for Chula Vista Elementary School Board & Central Committee Dist. 80
Meeting adjourned: 8:15pm
Next regular meeting is 6:30PM Monday, November 18, 2019, Elijah’s Restaurant.
Notes by Cathie Hyatt, Secretary